Starting a Roof Leak Repair Project
When you meet with one of our experienced roofing experts for an estimate, they will provide important details about your project, like:
- Cost estimates for materials and labor
- Sample boards for proposed materials
- Product and installation method information
- Warranty and guarantee details
Dependable Roofing provides estimates free of charge to help locals make informed decisions about their roofs.
Contact Dependable Roofing today for a roof leak repair service quote in Puget Sound, WA.
Frequently Asked Questions About Roof Leak Repairs
What is the best solution for a leaking roof?
Roofing leak repair is all about:
- Speed – Fixing leaks fast is key to preventing long-term structural damage and extending the life of your roof.
- Thorough work – Instead of fixing the only leak you can see, a roofing leak specialist in Puget Sound will detect and repair all leaks.
- Prevention – Property owners must commit to long-term maintenance after leak repair to prevent future water intrusion.
To meet all of these goals, customers have a few options:
- Emergency tarping can help prevent immediate water intrusion, but it isn’t a long-term solution.
- Thorough leak repair can fix any current issues.
- Roof treatments can help prevent damage that can cause future leaks.
- In extreme leaking cases, a complete re-roof might be the best option.
Can you use Flex Seal to fix a roof leak?
Simply put, products like Flex Seal aren’t as effective or powerful for leak repair and prevention as professional-grade roofing products. In addition, Puget Sound roofing leak specialists know how to apply the products available to most effectively fix leaks — and identify and repair any damage caused by leaks.
While using a product like Flex Seal can provide a temporary solution, property owners with leaking roofs would be best served by experts.
How do I find the source of a leak in my roof?
If you’d like to sleuth out the source of your roof leak yourself, head up to your attic with a flashlight and look for:
- Dark spots in your wood or insulation (moisture stains)
- Pest activity (often a sign of rotting wood or intrusion points)
- Mold, mildew, and moss growth (moist habitats where water could be leaking in)
- Rotten or deteriorating structural components (that may be degrading due to water intrusion)
When in doubt, call in a roofing expert for assistance.